Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Changing My Life

My entire life I have struggled with weight.  When I do go on a diet & exercise routine, I end up quitting because I feel like I'm just not strong enough.  I have discovered that I am addicted to food.  I know some of you reading this might think that isn't possible but let me tell you, IT IS.  A few years ago I started logging what, when, & even why I ate.  I found that there were multiple times I wasn't even hungry yet I didn't hesitate to go into the kitchen & eat.  I gave up because it became too hard.  I have had to realize that life is hard, nothing is easy, & my life is worth fighting for.  I may not be happy right now because of my health, weight & job but I can no longer complain, whine, or mope around about it because I am the ONLY one who can change it.  I have weighed myself & I am at 320lbs.  That is the most I have weighed in my life.  I am 31 years old & I need to gain control of my life & take responsibility for it.  No one is to blame but myself.  I am declaring war on my laziness, my food addiction, & my bad attitude.  I am going to take control & I am going to WIN!!  Please join me on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Jess, I was sad to read your post, which came across my screen via Google Alerts ("food addiction"). I can relate: I was 33 and 365 when I reached a similar point. Now I've been in a normal-sized body for 20+ years. I'm not a guru by any definition — don't wanna be! — but I have experience that may be of use to you. This isn't a pitch; I don't charge to talk to anyone. Though I did write a book that I sell. Like any author, I'd like everyone to buy it, but my offer to you to talk is unrelated, completely. If you don't want to talk but are interested in some food-addiction resources (treatment, nutritionists, support groups, etc.), go to fatboythinman.com/resources. All links are unpaid (they're not ads), and there's no charge to go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment. I did look into your information (some people online aren't always honest) & found your website & youtube channel. I will definitely be looking through all of the information. I have subscribed to your YouTube channel & I thank you for some of those videos. They give some great information.

      Delete